On May 29, 2013, the Government of the Republic of Moldova has signed a Funding Agreement with International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project, based on which Republic of Moldova has obtained a 10 mln USD credit in order to mitigate the consequences of the disastrous drought from 2012. The Law on ratification of the Agreement was promulgated by the President of the country on July 15, 2013.
The objective of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project states the mitigation of the negative effects of drought from 2012, helping to restore the production of corn and wheat and to prevent the reduction of livestock in most affected raions of the Republic of Moldova.
According to the provisions of the Agreement for the implementation of Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project, the funds will be distributed to the farmers from raions most affected by the drought from 2012, for the partial compensation of expenses incurred in sowing winter wheat in year 2012 and corn - in spring 2013.
This project supports the priorities of the Government to tackle the emergency situation, to reduce the escalation risk and to facilitate the post-drought recovery. At the same time, the emergency, short-term objective of the project completes long-term objectives of adaptation to climate changes in agriculture and preparation for disasters, currently promoted by the projects that are under implementation: Disaster and Climate Risk Management Project and "Competitive Agriculture in Moldova" Project.
Thus, on July 22, 2013, in the meeting hall of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry took place the seminar aimed at notifying the participants on the "Regulation on the organization and conduct of the allocation of funds to partially compensate the costs incurred by farmers for sowing winter wheat in 2012, and maize sowing in the spring of 2013", in order to inform the potential beneficiaries of compensations and to start the process of receiving and managing the applications for the allocation of the compensations offered within the project.
At the same time, within the seminar were presented the implementation activities of the applications' receiving and managing process and the Informational and Awareness Campaign for the farmers to participate in the project as beneficiaries.
Thus, the beneficiaries of the offered compensations will be natural persons or legal entities which have sown the land owned with:
1) winter wheat, whose application was submitted and accepted under the conditions of Government Decision № 766 from 15.10.2012;
2) corn sown in spring for the yield of year 2013, who will submit an application in this regard;
At the same time:
3) the agricultural producer originates from any raion of the republic, except the raions Briceni, Edinet and Drochia;
3) the agricultural producers is the legal owner of the sown agricultural land;
4) the minimal indivisible surface sown with corn represents 0,5 ha.
The process of reception and management of the applications for compensations on corn will include the establishment of special Commissions of mayoralties which shall examine the applications submitted by farmers, shall draft the lists of beneficiaries of compensations and shall present them to territorial departments/services of the Agency of Interventions and Payments in Agriculture (AIPA), which after the verification of documentation compliance with eligibility criteria, will send the submitted applications and lists to the Central Profile Commission, established by MAFI Order.
The Central profile commission, formed of the representatives of MAIA, AIPA and professional associations, within 20 days from the reception of documents, shall verify, calculate and authorize for payment the compensations for the surface of the sown agricultural land, according to the Operational manual of the project.
AIPA, based on the minutes of the Central Profile Commission will ensure the issuance of the documents on the transfer of compensations, usually on the bank account of the beneficiary and in case if he/she does not have a bank account, the compensation will be distributed to the beneficiary through the postal offices at the residence of the beneficiary, based on the Lists approved by Central Profile Commission and presented to State Enterprise "Posta Moldovei" (Moldova Post Office).
The deadline for the transfer of compensations to agricultural producers is October 31, 2013.
Within the activities of implementation of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project, National Agency for Rural Development (ACSA) shall be responsible for the Informational and Awareness Campaign for the agricultural producers and for the implementation of the grievance mechanism.
For additional details, please see:
1. Order on several measures for the implementation of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" project and Regulation on the organization and conduct of the allocation of funds to partially compensate the costs incurred by farmers for sowing winter wheat in 2012, and maize sowing in the spring of 2013, for Romanian version of the document, please click here Ordin_si_Regulament_Implementare_PSUAM.doc , for Russian version of the document, please click here __PSUAM.docx;
2. Annex 2. Sample application for the inclusion in the list of beneficiaries of compensations for corn sowing, please click here Anexa_2_Cerere_Model.doc;
3. Annex 3. Ascertainment Act of the surface sown with corn, please click here Anexa_3_Act_de_constatare.doc;
4. Annex 4. List of land holders, who applied for compensations (natural persons, including farm holdings who have no bank accounts, please click here Anexa_4_Lista_detinatori_teren.doc and Anexa_4Lista_detinatorilor_terenuri_solicitanti_de_compensatii.xls;
6. Sample of "Provision on the establishment of the commission for the examination of applications to receive compensations corn sowing for yield in 2013" Model_Dispozitie_Primarie.doc;
7. Guidelines for persons responsible of implementation process of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project (ACSA/AIPA) Repere_pers._responsab._implement_PSUAM.docx
8. Poster of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project, for Romanian version of the document, please click here Poster_PSUAM_2013_Rom.pdf, for Russian version of the document, please click here Poster_PSUAM_2013_Rus.pdf ;
9. Leaflet of of "Emergency Support for Moldova Agriculture" Project, for Romanian version of the document, please click here Poster_PSUAM_2013_Rom.pdf , for Russian version of the document, please click here Poster_PSUAM_2013_Rus.pdf